Founded in Tijuana in 2005 by Gabriela Equiz, Alma Latina Dance Company received global recognition for its unique style and dancer technique. With numerous Championships and world titles under its belt, Alma Latina has expanded with consistent interest from professional, semi-professional and amateur dancers globally, seeking training opportunities. The Multi-Champion dance company continues to share its love for dance at various competitions, workshops, congress events and training seminars.
Gaby Equiz is currently ranked among the top 10 best dancers in the world according to ESPN world salsa championships and the World Latin Dance Cup.
The Alma Latina vision is to utilize dance and music education to help people achieve a greater sense of happiness, accomplishment, and community. Alma strives to become the best dance company in the United States and Mexico, and to be unsurpassed internationally. They motivate dancers of all levels to develop their talents and recognize their potential. The goal of Alma Latina is to show any individual, regardless of their dance background, that they can become an outstanding dancer and are a welcome member of our supportive community, on a global level.
Alma Latina Values:
1. We appreciate that hard work and consistency are essential for growing as dancers and as people
2. We reinforce and practice dance fundamentals to provide strong foundations to further dance training and development
3. We understand that teamwork requires sacrifices, and each person helps achieve success for the group
1. We teach creative, diverse routines; incorporating original choreography and musicality to express our passion for dance
2. We provide ample instruction and employ creative methods to help individuals reach their dance goals
3. Members at all levels commit themselves to perfection and to giving an outstanding performance
1. We respect each individual and appreciate their contribution to our company; discrimination is not tolerated in ANY form
2. We foster a sense of family and are open and welcoming to anyone with a passion or interest in dance
3. We believe that anyone can excel in dance and we encourage everyone, regardless of age or skill level
Photography courtesy of Facebook.